MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

GE ZISB42DYB built-in side by side refrigerator There is

GE ZISB42DYB built-in side by side refrigerator: There is an ice buid up that originates at the top left side of the freezer compartment that runs down the side and appears to grow wider as it progresses down the wall and below the ice maker. The ice maker works fine and the cubes are normal size. The food in the freezer is solidly frozen. The unit was mnanufactured in 1999.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
What are you asking for here? I do this to get paid otherwise I would not be here doing this. I need to know what you are looking for in the form of an answer. Fixing anything takes skill and aptitude and I have no control over yours.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Cause & difficulty of part replacement
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.

The defrost drain has clogged or frozen over. The easiest way to thaw is to just turn the unit off and leave doors open for about 12 hrs as that is how long it will take. There is no easy way to access the frozen area because of how this is built. Doubt anything needs replacing.