Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my brand new whirlpool duet gas dryer is not starting the lights

my brand new whirlpool duet gas dryer is not starting the lights are just blinking help!

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

THe model number can be found inside the door area

WHich light or lights are blinking?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

model number wg09-400sw2

the light on the dial for choice o dryer load

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you recheck the model # ? I cant pull this up in the data bases, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
SORRY WGD9400SW2
there are a lot of tests you need to do to find the problem, 1

1. If number display flashes, check

to be sure the door is completely

shut, and press and hold down

Start for about 1 second

if this is new you dent want to take it apart it will void the warranty, I'm including a link to the service manual try the service modes and see if you can get it to run, if not call the warranty service #, heres the link, just click this blue link, http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/TechSheets_11_17_09/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10258369.pdf this gives you all the tech info on your machine, thats about all I would do is see if you can get this in service mode and then it will tell you the problem, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.