Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My refrigerator Samsung RS2630SH does not cool or freeze.

Customer Question

My refrigerator Samsung RS2630SH does not cool or freeze. The relay clicks hear a loud (more than normal for a refrigerator) and shuts off in less than a minute. Then it starts the cycle again in less than 3 or 4 minutes. Is this a bad relay or bad compressor? Please help. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

how old is this fridge?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
bought in Sep. 2006 and manufactured in April 2006.
good ,, replace the start device (overload and relay) on the compressor and if it fires up the compressor and it runs then your fine and if not then call a local warranty service company because the compressor will be bad and the fridge comes with a 5 year sealed system warranty and the compressor is part of it but the relay and overload isn't so this way you will have to have that either way and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
i will be off line for rest of the day to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thanks Larry