Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirpool Duet electric dryer just stopped working mid-cycle.

My Whirpool Duet electric dryer just stopped working mid-cycle. It is only about 4-5 years old. Any advice?

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

the thermal fuse is blown, Part 2986this is the one I believe you have in yours, you didn't include a model # XXXXX I'm not sure, if you get me the model # XXXXX will look this up thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX Type is DADT. Is this something we can order and change ourself?

yes you can order this and install it yourself and the part I showed you is the one you need, heres a link to the part. its part # XXXXX on this diagram, take the front panel off under the door, three screws down near the floor. and it on the blower. thanks Bryan