John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Can scratches be removed from the glass oven door

Can scratches be removed from the glass oven door???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

Is scratch a bad one is it deep and how many is there please.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are a series of small scratches on the inside of the glass door. It looks like someone might have used an abrasive pad to clean.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/house/windows/how-to-remove-scratches-from-glass/

This is the best way to remove the scratches on the oven door.Hope you have success with it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
All the suggestions you gave me I already found online myself and none were for scratches on glass. Very disappointing and not worth $24.oo.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

The oven door glass is made of tempered glass. It was manufactured in compliance with strict safety regulations and processes to ensure consumer safety. The glass has a tin oxide coating to provide heat resistance. This coating may appear to have a "rainbow" effect. The rainbow coloration is normal.

If the glass is nicked, bumped, or scratched, it can become stressed. Accidental door slamming can also cause glass stress. This may not be noticeable at the time it happens, but expansion and contraction from heating and cooling could cause enough additional stress to break the glass. If the glass does break, it forms small, round pieces instead of large, jagged ones, so injury is unlikely.

sorry thats what they suggest, and if you cant remove the scratch the glass can break while your cooking.