Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Have a 7 year old GLET1041AS stacked washer dryer. A couple

Have a 7 year old GLET1041AS stacked washer dryer. A couple of days ago the cold/cold, warm/warm, hot/cold went out of sequence and the cold refused to work, on most of them, and today the dial for the different cycles refused to work leaving the tub filling and filling. What to do? Where do I start with this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

when you say these went out of sequence what do you mean,? when you put it on hot you got cold or vice versa?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I can't get cold now on the cold/cold, and the hot/cold is reversed. But all that is in the past now as the larger problem is that it went thru a cycle and then started the cycle again and continued to fill and fill. Thank God I heard what was going on. It is a Frigidaire GLET1041AS and the Serial # XXXXX XXXXX .
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , has anyone disconnected the hoses lately ? maybe to move machine or change the hoses?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
About a month ago I finally moved in, and this machine was moved back into the house from the garage where it had been taken to while the house was reno-ed. The contractor hooked it back up.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you need first of all to check the hoses and make sure hot is on the hot and cold on cold, sounds like they may be backwards, as far as this overfilling did this happen the first time you used it or were you using it a while before that happened?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been using it for this month with no problems up to a few days ago, and then hot and cold reversed on me. I have been using this thing successfully for this month and now it has gone nuts. The overfilling just happened today, for the first time.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the problem with the water temp is the switch, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=as far as overfilling it could be the hose has come off the water level sensor or the water level pressure switch is bad, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=there is a rubber hose from the tub to the water level control that may have come off, thanks Bryan