Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Ge Freezer Model #FUF 14SUARWW; serial #FM183644;

I have a Ge Freezer Model #FUF 14SUARWW; serial #FM183644; manufactured 03-07. My problem is that will it keeps somethings frozen and others not..It is full of beef that was frozen when I put it in and is still frozen..some of the things I put in the door shelves remain frozen while others have thawed..if I put containers of ice cream in the freezer they will not stay frozen...where might I find the thermostat on this freezer to turn it lower? Or do I need a service man?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

let me check your model, Ill back shortly.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok the cold control in the freezer is # XXXXX (the knob) on this diagram, its on the right side back wall of the inside of the freezer , you will probably need to remove food to see it, is the fan inside running?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found it and it was setting on 4 so I have turned it up to 6; should I go higher or let it stabilize there...I don't hear a fan running on the inside but my hearing is not all that good. I do hear the freezer running from time to time though...perhaps I am blocking something with the contents......
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

it could be this has a defrost problem, let it stabilize there and see it works better though before we go further , let me know tomorrow if you can, thanks Bryan