Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

is it true that the stainless steel accessory door kit SGZ2055UC

Customer Question

is it true that the stainless steel accessory door kit SGZ2055UC does not fit properly on the SHV68E13UC dishwasher? I want to order a custom panel dishwasher with a steel door accessory kit to 'hold me over' until my custom panels are installed (could be a year or so before we do the kitchen). Need a new dishwasher now, though.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
that is correct, that kit will not fit your unit and there is no way you could make it do so. If you wanted to piece together a door panel with the handle and everything, you could---but it would cost you probably $400 in parts.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you tell me how you know this info? I called Bosch and they had no information on this.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
because the kit does not say it's compatible with your model. If it were, it would be listed with the rest of the models tht it fits.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you tell me where that list can be found? No one has mentioned this before - just want to verify (and possibly pick other model)?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I have the list on the tech look up section in the bosch website. You need a passworkd in order to see any of that information that I cannot give out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
bosch game me this number SGZ2055UC as the door kit for this model? (I originally got the number from them)
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure what to tell you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would love some verification of this list of compatibles - perhaps could pick another dw in place of the one I had chosen, that the door kit works on?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I varified that this will not work, I'm sorry. And if you want a model that the kit does work on SRV53C03UC and SHV43P13UC appear to both be good models that will work with the kit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks so much I will accept answer. ps - is the srz2045UC or any other steel door kit compatible w/ the model I wanted SHV68E13UC?
Thanks -
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately not, there is not a kit listed for that model. You can probably get the SRZ2045UC to work, but you might need to drill new holes if they don't light up with the inner door liner.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think that one is for an 18 inch dw now that I see it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
that might be the reason, I'm not sure.