John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

am replacing the cord with three prongs with one with an L

am replacing the cord with three prongs with one with an "L" prong to fit the wall plug.
When removing the old one I found three screws to place wires on. A red wire, two white wires and a yellow wire. I have attached the black wire to the red, the white to the white and the red to yellow. Where do I attach the green wire?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

There should be 3 insulated lugs in the dryer, two hots and a neutral. Connect the red and black wires in your new cord to the hot lugs (red & black are interchangeable), and the white neutral to the neutral lug. Neutral is the center wire on your older 3-wire cord, and should be a silver screw. Connect the green ground wire directly to the chassis of the dryer using a convenient screw. Use the four prong cord if you can. It is safer because it has the extra ground wire which older cords did not.

In your case its the yellow but the green ground attach's to the chassis of the dryer.