John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a front load maytag dryer. The lights still work but

I have a front load maytag dryer. The lights still work but when I try to turn it on, it won't start the cycle. Is this something I can fix?

Thanks for the question.

when the door is opened does the drum light come on, please send me the model number so I can assist you better.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure what the drum light is exactly, but all of the lights still come on all the way up until I try to start it then it makes a clicking noise but does not start. The model number is XXXXX
That model isn't in the system is it the correct model number.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it is, it is a Maytag Epic dryer and this is the model number off of the instruction booklet. Thanks anyway for your time, I can just call the service number out of the book.
Open the door the model number is XXXXX .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, how about MED9800TKO
Thats better , take the bottom front panel off you will see two screws holding that on, now you can see the motor , unplug the dryer and see if you can turn the motor pulley by hand let me know if you can.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, i can turn the motor pulley.
if you can turn the motor pulley and it just clicks like you say the motor is the problem, it needs to be replaced.