Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I am a Realtor and have a property leased for a client. The

I am a Realtor and have a property leased for a client. The GE Refrigerator Model # XXXXX and Serial # XXXXX has an icemaker. For some reason the ice maker does not make ice. The water line is clear but it stops and the water does not flow in to make the ice. I left it on for 48 hrs and there was no ice. What do I need to do?
K C Mueller
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

look at the icemaker and tell me where the ejector fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker are pointing please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I called the tenant who is in the process of moving in and asked her to tell me where they are pointing. She said that they were in an upward motion toward the left or facing up and left. Does that help?

yes it does ,, thanks
the module of the icemaker is bad and you will have to replace the icemaker itself and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number / thanks
the fingers should be laying flat towards the back and yes you can swap it out by removing the one screw at the bottom of it and loosen the top at the top and raise it up off the two screws and unplug and go back the same way / thanks