Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Hi I have A 30 Electric Wall Oven - Model JJW8530DDB - Serial

Hi I have A 30" Electric Wall Oven - Model JJW8530DDB - Serial 10374043CT

My kitty jumped off the counter and hit the touch pad, starting Sabbath Mode. So far this has wrecked a Sunday dinner party, and the entire touch pad is black..it was warm to touch yesterday, so I popped the breaker.
There is nothing is this useless Use Guide that tells you how to make this thing decode.

Help please......Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi Sabbath mode can be activated and deactivated by following the instructions on page 21 of the manual. if you no longer have the manual click HERE to download a copy. Please give the manual a minute to download since it is a large file. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. MIke
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have read this a dozen times and can't find how to deactivate on page 21. More important, the touchscreen is totally black - zero response -now what?

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
The control panel will do nothing no matter what buttons are pressed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Why is the control panel black...it never is? Is my oven still in Sabbath mode, since Sunday evening? If so, how do I deactivate it....nothing on pg 21 states anything about deactivating the program!

I never want Sabbath again....I'm not even Jewish!

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sorry was not asking why it is black I was asking if it was black :) Give me a minute to look your model up and I will post back in a couple of minutes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's black glass, but the touch pad info is dark.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok try hitting and holding either the setup button for 3 full seconds to see if this gives you access to the control. Normally with Jenn air holding the clock button for 3 seconds turns the sabbath mode off but since this one appears not to have a clock button I would imagine either setup or cancel would do it.
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.