John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dishwasher, a GE Profile model GSD4020, is not emptying

My dishwasher, a GE Profile model GSD4020, is not emptying the tub when it finishes. I have checked the drain and it is clear and so it the line out of the dishwasher. It drains if I hit the reset button a couple of times. What do I need to do to fix it?

Thanks for the question.

Does it always leave a bit of water in the bottom and do you have e along screen at the back of the tub on the floor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It had always left a little bit of water. Now it's a couple of inches.
It has a long screen in the back, which I took off and cleaned. In the bottom it also has a upside down L shaped plastic covering.

Part 821081

This piston and nut always causes that problem, the part can not have any wear on the rubber spring loaded seal. if its worn or dirty it will cause the problem, it unscrews from the tub.