Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Model Bosch classic frost free fridge freezer. E-NR KGU 34640

Model Bosch classic frost free fridge freezer. E-NR KGU 34640 GB/05
FD 8309

Water leaking out of the freezer-no apparent reason, just water on the floor each morning.
If I look on the bottom of the freezer there is evidence of ice in the channels.
Both fridge and freezer appear just as cold as normal they are set at +6 degrees and -18 degrees.
Len Greenhalgh
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi the problem here is a blocked defrost drain. Remove the shelfs and food from the freezer then take out the panel at the back of freezer. You will see ice build up in the drain pan below the evaporator. Melt ice with hairdryer/heat gun you will see a hole in pan that leads to drain tube. Pour some hot water in pan..wait a couple minutes. Mop up water and repeat this step 2-3 times....once you have done this find some flexible curtain wire or electrical wire and poke it down the hole until you see the water drain. Now it is clear, If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How is the panel fixed? Are there securing screws etc.?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Yes there are screws holding the panel in place. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Your welcome! Mike