Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

Water dispenser on Admiral 60adibsl is not dispensing water.

Customer Question

Water dispenser on Admiral 60adibsl is not dispensing water. Is dispenser is fully functional. Please advise as to how to restore the water dispenser to fully functioning mode.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 6 years ago.

Do you have a meter to measure voltage or resistance. I would ask you to check the water inlet solenoid valves at the back of the unit to verify if that would be the problem.

-
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Francis,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

This query is from the UK and I'm afraid I don't have a meter to measure voltage or resistance. But I don't think this is the issue as the ice dispenser is fully functional so I was wondering whether it's a simple water filter problem that's causing a problem with the water dispenser.

Many thanks,

Sue
Expert:  Francis replied 6 years ago.

Hello Sue,

Do you have an icemaker as well? And is the icemaker making ice? If you do have one and it is making ice, then it is not an issue of water filter since they both get the water flowing from the filter.

If you press the dispenser, you should hear a clicking water valve at the back of the unit.
If you do not hear, then it would be an electrical issue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Francis,

The ice-maker is definitely working so I'll check for the sound of the clicking water valve. As I understand it if I can't hear the clicking sound then it is likely to be an electrical issue I am away on business right now, so will feedback early next week.

Many thanks,
Sue
Expert:  Francis replied 6 years ago.
Ok.

Just post it here what you will find out.