Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

i have a kenmore model XXXXXXXXXXX and the water wont discharge

i have a kenmore model XXXXXXXXXXX and the water won't discharge it does nothing when the timer clicks to the discharge and wring cycle. can you tell me if it is worth replacing the pump or timer and which it should be.
the unit is circa 1986
runs fine up to yesterday never had a problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi when the machine gets to the spin cycle does it just go dead? can you give me the full model number again in this format 110 - - 12345678 the system blocked it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes when you click it to the point where it should start to discharge there is no sound at all

it just sits there full of water

model # XXXXX /p>

ser #0B080137

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi can you put a couple of dashes in the model number, it is being blocked by the system 110 --(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
XXX-XXX-XXXX0
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi the reason why the number is XXXXX blocked is because the system thinks you are giving me your phone number. 110-----12345678
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
110-----92282100
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok the problem is the lids switch, It has either shorted or broken. Below is a video that will show you how to replace the lid switch. You may order the part by clicking HERE . If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Mike :)

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
should I hear a click in a micro switch when i depress the lid switch or is it silent i depressed it and don't feel anything or hear anything can i test it by taking it out and checking with a meter
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
When pressing the lid switch you should hear a click but it still can be bad or broken. Take the console off as in the video and disconnect the lid switch. You can then test the lid switch with an ohms meter. You will want to test the two outside pins. The middle one is the ground. Mike