Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have a Heavy Duty dryer. Yesterday, it would not start. I

Customer Question

Have a Heavy Duty dryer. Yesterday, it would not start. I put a meter on the outlet and it is getting electricity. We can hear the timer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be on a sticker just inside the door.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
model # XXXXX
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Ok so on this model, your problem means that either your thermal fuse has gone bad, or the door switch is no longer working. Just open the door and push on the door switch. If it clicks when you push it, then it's still good. The thermal fuse is located on the back of the dryer. You'll need to pull the dryer out and remove the back panel to access fuse. Here is a link to the fuse so you can see what it looked.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Our model does not have a pushbutton switch. There is a folded piece of metal on the unit and a 'recess' that it fits in on the door. Any way to test that?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
again, you push the metal piece and see if it clicks or shut the door and see if it causes it to click, very simple.