Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my neptune mah5500bww washer stopped spinning. the door locks

my neptune mah5500bww washer stopped spinning. the door locks and the pumps work. when I run the spin cycle then stop it, it sounds like a motor is still running then comes to a stop. kinda like a whirring noise. any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

let me check your model, does the tub go back and forth in the beginning of the cycle?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the tub does nothing. it will fill up with water, but when its supposed to be aggitating, all you hear is this whirring noise starting then stopping. its kinda like the motor is running but not connected. I thought maybe it is the belt?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok remove the back panel and see if the belt has come off, if it did put it back ion , if it broke you can order a new one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-mah5500bww-%3d%3di785411&PartID=785411 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how many screws or clips hold on the back panel? I usually end up taking way too many more things apart than I need too. I'd appreciate the info on this. thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I checked, the belt did come off. It was kinda worn on one edge though, and you could see where it had kinda cut into the back of the drum,but not very much. so i flipped the belt over and put it back on. I ran one spin cycle and it stayed on. what would make the belt come off in the first place? although as much as that belt and motor shake i can guess why it might come off. if it comes off again should I just replace the belt? maybe its stretched. or could there be something else causing it. I appreciate the help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well sometimes if the machine gets out of balance for a few seconds it can knock the belt off, if it comes off again replace it but I think you will be ok, thanks Bryan