Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Fisher Paykel washing machine. A few months ago we

I have a Fisher Paykel washing machine. A few months ago we had some plumbing repair and air got in the line. When I started the machine there was a noise of air clearing the line. On that cycle, the cold water would not stop running. The next day when I did a load everything worked fine. A few weeks later, I changed a whole house water filter and once again a small amount of air got in the line. Now the cold water does not turn off on the initial fill unless I turn it off at the spigot (and then turn the spigot back on) following the initial fill. From then on it works fine. Is this common or a relatively easy fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
this means that dirt has gotten into the electronic water valve which is the part that the fill hose connects to on the fill valve. This is NOT something you should try to just clean because you could fix it temporarily and then it will flood your house out of nowhere in the future so you'll want to just replace the inlet water valve.