Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool Duet Dryer and on light coloered loads it

I have a Whirlpool Duet Dryer and on light coloered loads it looks like the dryer is scoarching them in places. The marks are approximately 1/16" wide and 1'2" to 2" long. Do you know what may cause the dryer to put marks on th eclose like this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
this can happen because the back air vent (inside the drum if you open the door) gets too hot because your vent through your house is clogged. This can also happen because the drum seal around the front or back of your drum is starting to break down and needs to be replaced. The felt seal will actually rub and start to leave an orangish brown streak marks on clothes. You'd need to replace the drum seals if this is the issue.