applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

my maytag bravio washer has water coming out from underneath

Customer Question

my maytag bravio washer has water coming out from underneath it. All hoses are in intact any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 6 years ago.
Hi, is the unit draining properly?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes - no ptroblem at all draining just fine - but some water is hitting floor
How much are you getting?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
quite a bit - enough to send the floor to send a puddle under the washer and dryer and around surrounding the machines
I would suspect leaking from one of the pumps, or even a cracked tub. You will need to tip the washer up from the back and lay on the floor and look for the leak. Tip the washer up just enough to look under it. You can also use a putty knife in front corners of main top and release the clips. Lift top up and hold the lid down. Start a wash and look from the top down. See if the water is coming from the front or the back.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

so - if that is the case - need to call in a repair man to replace a pump or deal with a cracked tub. The machine is ~ 18 months old and used by just myself - no other folks living in the house

You can replace the pump, only three screws and a hose clamp to replace. If it is the tub you would need a repairman.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ok - going to need one either way - no idea how to do that either....might seem simple to those who do but not to those who have no idea where the pump is...

thanks I appreciate your help

You are welcome.