Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

My Kenmore Series 90 washer agitator is no longer turning on

My Kenmore Series 90 washer agitator is no longer turning on its own. I can spin it with my hand. How much will the repair cost?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

The agitator dogs have worn out, order part number 80040 , You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

you will need to remove the bolt from the agitator by pulling off the top, takes about 10 minutes to install..

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part 3109

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I get the dogs out. I pulled off the top of the agitator which is very easy to do. However I do not see a bolt. I can see what looks like a metal stud in the center about an 1/8 of an inch in diameter but do not know how to get it out if it needs to come out at all. I can get the agitator to come up about 4 to 6 inches but it does not come completely off. Please advise! Thank you.