John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My GE dishwasher will not drain all the water out. It washes

Customer Question

My GE dishwasher will not drain all the water out. It washes but doesn't dry, and the water collects in the bottom. It is a Triton Tri Clean Wash System Quiet Power II. Can you tell me how to try to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Immediately after it finishes the dishes is the water on the bottom or does it start to collect after it is finished?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know. The water has been there since I noticed the problem. So I don't know at what point it quit draining. I ran it one time since then, just to see if it would drain. The water is about 3/4" - 1" deep. The dishes look fairly clean, but feel a little greasy.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Press the drain cycle, then after it drains look immediately, let me know if you see water there???