Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

Hi, I have a Kitchen Aid KHMS2056S microwave stove top oven

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid KHMS2056S microwave stove top oven that is built into my cabinets above my stove.

When I try to use it, it says that the door has been open for more than 5 minutes, so I need to open and close the door and try again. When I do that, I get the same message, over and over again, no matter what I do. I can't unplug it, since it is built into the cabinets and would have to take them apart to get to the plug. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 6 years ago.

Try to find the circuit breaker where the microwave is connected and turn the unit off from the circuit breaker. See if this would reset the computer and could probably solve your problem.