Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR SRS535NW could you please me how

SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR SRS535NW

could you please me how to unblock the holes on the freezer side when on the cycle the frig
defrosts and water should go through the two holes at the bottom and out into the
evaporation tray behind the frig.. I have applied hot water to the bottom and now left the
frig not operating for three hours ..still water will not go through..I have replaced the
mother board three times to this frig.. your early reply appreciated.
thanks XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

Unless there is really a piece of dirt or something went in there that is blocking it, it will just be ice and the hole there is about 1/2 inch in diameter and about 2 inches long.

So it would really take some time before all of the ice in the tube would melt.

You can use a small wire and insert it in there while pouring a small amount of hot water and taking the water again as it cools after sometime because it is melting the ice in the tube, then if all the ice would melt, water would surely flow out.

-
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have just used a piece of piano wire and got a small piece of foam out though the bottom
tube after removing the white drainage tube underneath.. I feel the charge should be
$22 as I have done all the procedures before..

please let me know if $22 is ok thanks XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have just used a piece of piano wire and  got a small piece of foam out though the bottom

please let me know if $22 is ok  thanks  Alan Fraser
Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

It is fine. Thank you for using Justanswer.