Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

model 106.56679500, Kenmore Side by Side w Ice maker. Does

model 106.56679500, Kenmore Side by Side w Ice maker. Does Not make ice. The finger in ice try are at 3 O'clock position, light when door is open blink, blink, pause. then repeats pattern. the black tube going to ice tray is soft. not sure if if there is blockage up inside. I dumped a full bin of ice out of it into a cooler, pressed the accelerator button and in the morning I had no ice.
and does the chilled water dispenser work ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes the chilled water does work
and the icemaker arms are pointing at the 3 o'clock position correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes they point straight at me. I also tried to hold the side flap closed and press the button at the top of door to simulate the door being closed and the red light does not blink.
if the icemaker is at the 3 O`clock position it has stopped during a cycle ,which means it is in the icemaker .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I got to replace the ice maker? Or how do I troubleshoot that? Or is there a way to reset the ice maker?

if the lights on the side are blinking it has to be in the icemaker itself .

Not a reset issue if it is a the 3 O`clock position .

here is a link to the module part of the icemaker.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok boss, I'll switch out the icemaker.
no just switch out the module not the complete icemaker ,just the brain of the icemaker
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yeah, I know. I had the whole thing out looking at it waiting for your reply that gave me the Sears site. I found this site:

Thats the same thing right? Lil cheaper and it's $9.95 to ship.

NO it is not the same one that icemaker is for the old style side by sides with the ice container on the shelf in the freezer ,NOT on the door like your model is .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
good thing I didnt order it then.
yes all the white plastic parts are completely differant then ,your and it is the complete OLD style icemaker
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

this is the right one. I clicked the wrong one.
yes this one will work also.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I took the ice maker out last night, took the gear off the end that is clearly marked DO NOT MANUALLY ADJUST(I am a man and I am a Maintenance Supervisior so I dont have the ability to listen to the words DO NOT!), and I re-set the arms to the 2 o'clock position. The copper tabs that make contact with the gear, I cleaned them up and re-assembled the gear. I have been making ice since then. Thank you for you help. I learned a great deal and I know if it finally does die, I know which parts to get for it. Thanks so much for your help!

Yes those contacts are what goes wrong , if you can get another year or so GO FOR IT good job .

And you know real men do not follow directions LOL .

Edited by Whrlp Master Tech on 6/2/2010 at 2:14 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I accidentally left a nuetral feedback. Can't find where I can change that. 5 out of 5 stars! Excellent, fast service very Knowledgable! Thanks!
Humm!! you should be able to go back in and do another one I think!!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Nope, read it wrong, you left nuetral feedback for me! lol!
oh ok ,,I Give everyone a neutral unless, I feel they are unsafe in their repairs when they bypass safeties , and have no business working on the things they are working on .