Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

my dishwasher wont start unless I push the top panel. I think

my dishwasher wont start unless I push the top panel. I think the latch has issues. How do you fix that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello, Open the door and take the screws out around the inner liner at the back of the control panel. Once the control panel is off you will see the latch assembly held in by some screws. It's likely the switches need to be replaced but is also could be damage to the latch or lever. Click HERE to order any parts you might need to rectify the problem. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I followed your instructions and the panel looked good. Once I select the cycle, I have to hold my hand and push on the tope panel to have it run
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok I would buy part 11,12 and 13 and replace them. $12 approximately for the parts, it's likely the switch which is the problem but if you change the whole assy you can't go wrong. Mike