Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My Kenmore elite ultra capacity dryer 110.74086202 makes a squeaky/vibrating noise when ru

My Kenmore elite ultra capacity dryer 110.74086202 makes a squeaky/vibrating noise when running. Sounds like metal vibrating but I can't seem to figure it out. Could it be a idler pulley? I think this unit only has one.

I thought it was a foam seal between blower motor housing and lint/screen cover housing. I replaced it and still have the problem
Joe

yes it does sound like the idler pulley .

and yes you are correct it only has one.

their is a service pointer on this from Whirlpool Whom manufactures this for Sears ,

Here is a link to the part for a new style idler pulley.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/parts/8547174/0026/110&pathTaken=partSearch&filterPart=&pop=flush

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the idler pulley part # XXXXX my unit on the sears website claims to be idler pulley, number 279640 and is indicated to be 1.87L x 1.87W x .75h? The part you recommended is 5.0 L x 5.0 W X 5.0 H?

the dimensions are for the shipping box not the product.

And yes 279640 is the original part not the upgraded part per the service pointer

.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks .. Will try to order and replace this week.
ok ,glad to assist you ,and thank you