John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a 3.5 yr old Kenmore Elite washer model # 110.26962503

Customer Question

I have a 3.5 yr old Kenmore Elite washer model # XXXXX and it fills up with water and will not agitate or wash. So I replaced the lid switch and still have the same problem. I read online and noted several consumers mentioning some common problem with a clip or part on the shaft not working and therefore the washer does not agitate or wash. I am not sure whether to try and get it repaired or just buy a new one...not a Kenmore though. Any history with this problem and what part needs replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

does it go into the spin cycle , does the motor start up.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
As stated in my initial symptoms, the washer fills up with water and will not go into the agitate/wash mode just staying full of water. I tried the cheapest easiest fix the lid switch thinking it was bad/broke some way but that did not fix the problem.

I read on line that something to do with the shaft a pin, clip etc...on several of these had been posted on a site as the bad component but I could not get enough information to fullyl disclose this issue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
washer fills with water will not go into agitate/wash cycle, i replaced the lid switch but it will still not go into agitate/wash cycle just full of water and nothing else.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
When it fills with water and wont wash can you hear the timer motor going
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Water level switch View larger image

Water level switch, Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/h1>

Laundry Appliances

See estimated delivery date $30.09 Backordered Quantity Add to

If you cant hera the timer motor after it filled the water level switch is the problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i did this and still have the same problem. at this time i have bought a new washer. thank you for your time and effort.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Ok thanks.