John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Sub Zero 611. I noticed that the vent was extremely

I have a Sub Zero 611. I noticed that the vent was extremely hot early this afternoon. I vacuumed the condenser fins (which were extremely dirty). The unit has cooled down somewhat, but is still quite hot. I am afraid something is going to seize. What should I look for/do at this point?

Thanks for the question.

when the coils are dirty like that and you clean them up it take at least 24 hrs to get back to normal, you said its starting to cool, it will get better as the freezer starts to work without all that dust on the coils.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When you say the coils are dirty, do you mean just the intake fins or the actual coils themselves? I was only able to get to the fins. Is there anything else that I should do to get to the coils or will the coils kind of self clean as the "new" air passing over them is cleaner than the old dirty air?
They have to be clean , air has to pass through the coil if you only cleaned the fins when they were that dirty the fridge wont work properly, use a brush and vacuum out the dust, it will work if this is done.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So how do I get to the coil?
Its the same part you were cleaning just do a better job of cleaning that coil.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When you say "that coil" I am assuming that you are talking about an actual coil, not the fins on the radiator. There is no dust or debris left on the fins. I did vacuum them up thouroughly. Is there something that I should clean besides the fins on the radiator and if so, what is it and how do I access it?
If you cleaned the ones you said then that will be fine it should start to work for you , but give it the 24 hrs to get back to normal.