Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I had an E3 error, then the unit stopped responding to any

I had an "E3" error, then the unit stopped responding to any input. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and nothing works. No display, can't open the door - have a load with water in the drum.

None of the keypad controls work, the power switch does nothing, pressing the dial also does nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
That code is a failure in the main computer board...Or wire connections from board to components...I would check all connections before replacing board...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do you "check all connections"?
You would need to remove the top lid...You can do this by removing the screws along the top back of lid....Then slide lid back and off...From there check all the connections on the back of control panel....This code can also point to a bad Hall sensor...The sensor keeps the drum from going out of balance.,,,But from what you are describing it sure sounds like a bad board...Loose connection or no power to unit...