esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

My front loading Frigidaire washer will not unlock the door.

My front loading Frigidaire washer will not unlock the door. The door lock light went out but the lock did not release. I have had it unpludgged overnight and plugged it back in... no change. I ran it through another cucle... no change. Any ideas?
hi ok when you start it up does the door lock click
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no

hi you have a bad door switch the electrical switch is out and the machine does not recognoze the door locked so it wont start or release . replace it this will fix the problem pressing accept for my help pays me thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the machine runs fine. it just will not release the lock after the run. Is there a way to get it open?

Is the repair manual available? I can see the switch but am not sure how to get to it to replace it?

hi this is frontload you will need to remove the boot inside the door to access the switch as far as removing it goes . go u see a bottom panel under the door
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you saying the open has to be open to replace the switch? How do i get the door open to replace the switch?
yes thats exactly what im saying . do you see a seperate bottom panel under the door
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes. i have taken it off. and the top is off.
ok heres the trick reach up under the bottom panel looking more less where the door closes the switch on the inside has a ring you can put a finger into and pull it this will release the door let me know
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, there is no ring. I have looked both top and buttom of the switch and it is not there.
hi i just looked at this switch and it must be modefied its different i only have one option because of this type of switch you will need to i hate to say it but apply serious pressure it may break it ,its already bad but you cant get the door open other wise . this is my direct answer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Well.... I have actually already tried that! If I pull any harder, I am fairly certain the plastic door handle will break!

This is so frustrating! This is an older model and it just does not seem to have the various things that are supposed to be there to resolve this issue! I know this can't be easy for you long distance like this... any other ideas?

hi yeah if i was there i would find away but unfortunately this model doesnt have the release handle. calling for service to avoid breaking anything that may cost a lot more . if i have tried my best to help u pressing accept pays me thanks. let them open it if they break something else its covered