Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Maytag dryer dryer drum wont turn. It made a big noise

My Maytag dryer dryer drum won't turn. It made a big noise but then stopped turning. Any ideas.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
we are not in your home to do this ourself so may not always be 100% correct, please hit the accept button as you leave / thanks
what type noise was it?
open the door and see if you can turn the tube by hand please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it is stiff but can be turned

open the door and while holding in on the door switch start the dryer and tell me if it runs and the drum does not turn please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It buzzes but does not turn.

The original noise was a loud squeeling than a thump and it stopped working.

do you hear the motor running when you start the dryer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No motor sound just a buzz.
remove the screws from the back of the top panel and slide it off, remove the screws holding the control panel and set aside, remove the screws holding the front panel on and set off ,, the blower and motor is there ,, check and see if it gotten something into the blower and if so remove it ,, check the belt and if broken then replace it ,, if both are good then you will need to replace the motor and you can get these at a local appliance parts dealer near you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you he is doing this right now. You have helped me before thanks Larry.. Im going to wait a minute here for him to make sure he can get this off ok.

no problem and if you need me i'll be here / thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will go ahead and accept if we need further help I will get back with you. Thanks again so much.
thanks and no problem and you can get back to me anything ,, thanks again