esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

I have a Magic Chef Model 8114P627-60 Electric Stove that has

I have a Magic Chef Model 8114P627-60 Electric Stove that has somewhat stopped working. The lights on the control panel (clock, temp, timer etc.) don't come on. However, all the burners work. Since the control panel controls the bake and broil functions, I looked inside the oven and found that the bake element was broken. Would this cause the control panel lights not to work. If I put in a new bake element would the control panel then work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 6 years ago.
hi ok the buttons on the clock they all beep but you cant see the display correct
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No. Nothing beeps. Nothing lights on the display
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there a fuse that may have blown out?

hi if the element is bad and the control board is out the element shorted out and possibly took out the board

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What board?
hi this
Part 400605 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
In Stock?
Clock control kit with black and white overlay
have you checked the power at the wall 220 volts
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need a more definite answer than it possibly took out the oven control board. The oven control is expensive and the bake element is close to $40.00. The 220 volt is working fine.
hi the control board is out but there is 220 at the wall and you have a busted element what happened was there was a power surge in the oven and blew out the element and sent overload to the control panel taking it out . thats how it works those prices are for every oven some greater some cheaper
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Wher can I buy the control panel for $146.35.
go to enter ur model number and they ship overnight thank u for letting me help you pressing accept for my help pays me thanks