Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
10734586

My Frigidaire side by side, Gallery, has an ordor that is also

My Frigidaire side by side, Gallery, has an ordor that is also in the ice. I cleaned the fridge and the freezer compartment but it has not really helped. I do not want to call a tech. out for this problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this !
aIf you are SURE that you have cleaned EVERY accesible part of the fridge and freezer and the odor persists, try placing an open box of baking soda in the fridge section . If this does not at least HELp with the odor, you may have mold or something rotting in sections that are not really user accesible such as the evaporator area or in the internal air circulation ducting. This usually happens if the machine has been turned off for awhile. This can sometimes be a challenge for a consumer depending on your comfort level with removing panels and such on your appliances. It is also VERY MUCH worth checking the interior parts of the door seals as well (looks like an accordion) , because crud and mold can become trapped in there as well and cause universal odor problems . Also, if you have not already done this, make sure you have changed the water filter but this may not help because it sounds like you are saying the odor is throughout the entire machine. Please let me know if you need further info.
Thanks!