Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

we have 220 volt Frigidaire washers and need to order extra

Customer Question

we have 220 volt Frigidaire washers and need to order extra parts for the washers.

Model #'s follow: FWS1649ZAS4   FWS1649ZAS5
Serial#'s follow: XC83617244    XC84913207
The parts that need ordering are Timers and Lid Switches

Do you know the part numbers for these washers and where can I order them?

Thank you,

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Are you sure these are 220 volt models that you need the parts for?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Certain, They are 220 volt
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

The part number for the lid lock switch isNNN-NN-NNNN and the timer isNNN-NN-NNNN for the FWS1649ZAS4 , and the part number for the lid lock switch for the FWS1649ZAS5 is alsoNNN-NN-NNNN however I cannot fond the timer for this one. You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=

Part 916791

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Are you certain of these parts for our 80 Frigidaire 220 volt washers, because I must order quite a few of these and since I am overseas; when they get where I am at, it will not be possible to return them.

Thank you,

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
The only thing that does not seem to match is the voltage??? I have included the wiring diagram for this unit, it says it only operates on 120 volts, these models that you have overseas may have a transformer installed so you can run them on 220 volts however the model numbers show only to be 115 volts. If you look at the top of the motor on the units, it should say it's voltage and I am betting it says 115 volts and not 220 volts. If they say 220 then I am wrong and frigidaire's parts list is going to be wrong also... So before ACCEPTING my answer you should make sure that the units in question are really 220 and not modified for 220...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So if they are modified for 220 the same parts will work?
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Yes if they have been modified then they still will work with it as the working parts will still be 120 volts.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I looked at the motor and it has 230 volt motor listed on it, so those parts will not work.

Thank you.

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

I have found more info on this unit, however part numbers are not available today, You can call 1-877-808-4195 , Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 7:00 pm, or if you wish I will try to call them tomorrow for you..