esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

How do I replace a condenser fan motor in an Amana refrige

How do I replace a condenser fan motor in an Amana refrigerator?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 4 years ago.
hi actually the wires from the fan go into the compressor relays they plug in there remove the black square cover on the compressor and you will see the connec tion pressing accept for my help pays me thanks ill be here for support
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nope. I have no black square cover on the compressor, nor can I see the connection. This is an Amana refrigerator model SCD25TW, manufacturer's number P119D426WW, serial number XXXXXXXXXX

I have taken the cardboard cover off the back. The fan wasn't turning. When I gave a blade a nudge with a screwdriver, it took off. I left everything as it was to see if it would continue to run. When I returned later to check on it, the fan had stopped again. I tried spraying some WD-40 on it to see if that would help. I can't seem to get it going again, so I figured it needed replacing. I managed to pull the fan unit out and take off the mounting arms. There remains an electrical CORD (not just a wire) connected to the fan motor. I can't see where it is connected to the compressor.

hi sir yes im familiar with these refrigerators the fan motor has a black power cord that cord plugs in to the compressor they both run together to keep the compressor cool there is a relay on the compressor the fan motor plugs in there
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do I need to take the compressor out to get to the relay? I can't see it.
no but you will need to follow the condenser fan motor wire it leads to the black cover on the compressor each wire justs snaps in to the relay you will see it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok... I've got the black box off and I can see where the cord connects, but I still can't get them out. One wire goes to one connection and the other wire from the cord goes to a different spot. I can't pull either of them out. What do I do?

first make sure the power is off on fridge next those ends lock in position apply pressure seems hard but they will release
Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp