Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

have a gas range whirlpool GS460LELQ1 the control panel stopped

Customer Question

have a gas range whirlpool GS460LELQ1 the control panel stopped working and for one I am having trouble disconnecting it from a black box on the board. Part number 852330(4453606) the price on this varies from 208.00 to 435.00!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

I cannot see how it is hard to remove the clock/computer. it should unsnap from the harness wires. as for repairing it, I would go to this website by clicking on the blue link below, They rebuild them for a fraction of the original cost.

http://www.cgiltd.com/www/cgiweb.nsf/PublishedTopic/Major%20Appliances?opendocument

Our company uses them all the time for rebuilding timers and clocks.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The four harness wires all unsnap fine, it's the little black box on the panel upper left side(warm,comprsr,broil)(L1 K4) that's the writing around this box it seems to be soldered into the panel with wires going into it .It doesn't snap off and the wires are not coming out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
do you have the part # XXXXX the board your trying to replace? also were you bought it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Part number, as stated before, is Whirlpool #8523300(which Whirlpool has changed to(NNN) NNN-NNNN from a gas range Whirlpool GS460LELQ1 original part, range isn't 7 years old yet.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I cant seem to get a picture of this so i can see what your referring to, give me a while and I'll get back to you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Here is a photo
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if your talking about the plug with the red and white wire on it this does unplug, take a screw driver and place it between the plug and the board and twist it to pry the plug loose, this may be almost welded if it got real hot. believe me this does unplug, they don't sell a board that needs to be soldered into it,
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to know that question and there were no pictures found online,why is the replacement board priced from 210.00 to 385.00? Such a varied amount
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yeah these company's make their own prices and it depends on the quantity they buy as to how much they charge, crazy , thanks and well wishes, Bryan