Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Hello, I have a GE JVM1740DM1WW over the range microwave with

Hello, I have a GE JVM1740DM1WW over the range microwave with an intermittent problem. Sometimes when the thing stops cooking, the light and a fan stays on. I have to wiggle the door a little to get the thing to turn off. Interlock switch somewhere maybe ??? If so, where is the switch and how much does it cost to replace?

My email [email protected]

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi you are correct the problem is with the switch. Take the grill out along the top and then you will see the screws that hold the control panel in place. Remove the control panel and this will give you access to the switch...replace the switch and you should be all set. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I see three switches, one on top and two on bottom, which do you think it is?

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Not sure but to figure it out pull the power and use a ohms meter to check each on while you open and close the door. You should be able to find which one is causing the problem this way. If you don't have an ohms meter just replace all 3..only around $4 each. Mike