Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My server cut off before. My GE Profile double wall oven beeps

My server cut off before. My GE Profile double wall oven beeps at 1 minute intervals Do you have any idea why?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
let me look up your question,is this showing a fault code?

Edited by A-1 Speedy Appliance on 5/14/2010 at 10:31 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There shows no code. I have pressed the "clear all" buttons on both ovens numerous times. I started every function on each and cleared them after they started. I turned off the power to them at the distribution panel. nothing works. It continues to beep at 1 minute intervals.
To make matters worse, there is a GE profile microwave oven across from the ovens and sometimes the beep seems to come from it. I have disconnected the power from it as well, and tried every function, clearing each after it started. My wife says it is the oven beeping.
Is there a battery in rither one to keep the clock running when power is interrupted?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
no battery,I believe its the key pad that has a stuck key. or what they call the buttons you push to set this, the part # XXXXX XXXXX Sears has this in stock, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If the keypad is stuck, and there is no battery or other source of power when I killed it at the distribution panel, what powers the beep. It continues at 1 minute intervals .
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
are you sure its the oven beeping? this sounds like a smoke detector rather than the oven.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There are no Smoke detectors in the kitchen, near the oven. this is a soft beep, approx 2 seconds long, about 400 hertz tone, same as the beeps from the unit when it notifies you of readiness. Smoke dets have a raucous tone.
now, there is a microwave oven, a GE profile, about six feet away across the room from the oven. Sometimes the sound seems to be coming from it, but both my wife and myself agree that it comes from the oven.
Sorry to be so unsure of this. I want to take the microwave out of te room, but it is heavy and on a shelf about 5 feet high, I am afraid I might drop it, being 87 years old. My wife is infirm and cannot help me with it. I have disconnected the power to the mw as well and still hear the beep. there nare no other appliances that would beep any near. It has me baffled. I have called Sears for service on the problem and will accept your answer for your trouble, anyway. Thank you.