Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

what to look for when water leaks at the lower left bottom

Customer Question

what to look for when water leaks at the lower left bottom of a side by side admiral refrigerator. this occurs only when one pushes the water dispense button in the door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 4 years ago.
Did any water come out of the dispenser when it was leaking on the floor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No water came out of the dispenser in the door, when i pushed it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi this is Bryan, Tom is off line, at the bottom of the door the water tube goes up through the hinge to the dispenser, pull the grill off and the are connections make sure ones not loose , also look for a broken plastic water line under the front under the freezer door, press the water button while watching, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where the water line goes up into the bottom of the door (freezer) is not connected, it's like when we pressed the water dispenser, the water flow pushed the line loose.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
that what I thought, you need to reconnect it. does the connector look like this?Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We recognize the above part, but that one is connected and not leaking, where it goes up into the door at the hinge, it'll only go up about a 1/2 inch and stops. This is the area where the water leaked from, not from the above connector.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
oh thats not good , are you saying its broken off in the door, are you trying to put the tube up into the hole in the bottom of the hinge?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, we aree trying to put the tube up into the hole in the bottom of the door hinge, this is where the water leaked from when the dispenser was pushed. Doesn't leak if we don't push the dispenser. When I looked on the bottom of the door, i saw the tube was loose.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
unfortunately you will need to replace the whole line from the connector all the way up through the door to the dispenser, this is a big job however, you will need to take the dispenser apart also.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where does one get the parts, and I assume it will be line from the connector to the dispenser and a dispenser??
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes, its hard to say for sure theres no diagram for that but I believe this is it. Part 112625you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-LSD2615HEB-%3d%3dpi112625&PartID=112625 but you may want to call to be sure, please press accept for Tom if we have helped, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will press accept and thank you Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
no problem, since Tom started this with you he should get payed, I'll send him a p.m. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No problem, having problems finding the green accept button???
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well I was going to give this to Tom but he's not answering my pms. I'll give him one of mine to make up for it, you should see the green accept button now, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
I agree with Bryan except the problem is you can't access inside the freezer door. Door is made and then the insulation is foamed in ( like all newer refrigerators ) You have to replace the entire door which comes with the water line factory installed in it.