Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a front loading dryer and my utility room in the house

I have a front loading dryer and my utility room in the house I just moved into is a a few inches short. I can fit the dryer but I can not fit the dryer and a hose behind it. I measured the exaust hole in the wall and the one on the dryer is a couple of inches lower. I want to raise the dryer by a couple of inches so that the dryer exaust matches exactly againstt he hole in the wall. I am thinking some simple plywood would work to raise the dryer the right amount.

I need recommendations on how to seal the dryer exaust shunt to the metal shunt on the wall. My thoughts so far are a very short piece of rubber or PVC tubing the right diameter if I can find it or even just some duct tape. I am worried about the dryer moving from vibration during functioning with these methods and I am hoping someone else has a better idea or at least an idea of how to make sure the dryer doesn't move.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
dryers don't vibrate that much that it would move but if you worried about it you can go to Lowes and get a piece of the rubber matting to put under it. or the rubber feet they sell. either one will work, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for pointing me to the rubber matt. Any ideas on what to use to contain the two little metal openings together? They should be flush with eachother but I need a way to seal it. I thought more on my pvc/rubber/duct tape ideas and they all seem like they might be bad in the heated exhaust environment. Maybe a few inches of metal ducting... Do they sell ducting that is the right diameter for this? I believe it is 4 inches. If not I could maybe split some ducting and then hold it to size with metal tieclamps.