Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool range / stove (cooktop) that is freestanding.

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool range / stove (cooktop) that is freestanding. It is giving the error message "F2" from time to time. Have changed out the temp sensor which seemed to help for a short time. Was giving the error message more frequently before changing, but it now gives it still from time to time. Any ideas what it may be, that might need changing next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you get me the model #? thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yepper, sure the model is SF 114 PXQ 1,
Ser # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
F2 Oven temperature above specifications 8-pin connector oven temperature sensor to the Electronic Range Control (ERC)
its probably a dirty connection on the erc(electronic range control) if you get some HQ contact cleaner and spray the ribbon from the clock to the touch pad this may help, but chances are theres a problem with the clock unfortunately. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could you state a couple of brands that you'd recommend for cleaning?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
for cleaning of the ribbon
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sorry had to step out, radio shack has the HQ electronics cleaner but I'm not sure of the brand name,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
kewl. umm. just for my info. I guess the control was what F2 was showing as bad? I suppose for future ref.
I shouldn't have replaced the temp sensor?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well the problem is they don't specify which part is bad , F-2 can mean theres a problem with the 8 pin connector, the probe or the clock itself, heres the test for the touch pad.

F2 Shorted key

1. Verify failure, if not displayed. Go to Diagnostics screen 5 A-Last Fault Code/ B-Cleared Error Code), page 3; and clear the error

code by pressing the START key.

2. Unplug range or disconnect power longer than 30 seconds.

3. Plug in range or reconnect power.

4. Observe for longer than 1 minute.

5. If failure remains, go to step 6.

6. Unplug range or disconnect power.

7. Replace control.

8. Replace all parts and panels before operating.

9. Plug in range or reconnect power.

10. Verify operation is normal. Go to step 1 and complete checks.

heres a link to the factory service manual, (for techs only) but take a look,

http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10142327A.pdf

hope this helps sole your problem, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey,

I appreciate it

You're right they're a little fuzzy, the instructions.

Have a good day,

Franc
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you too , thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

I made a mistake and accidentally paid you twice.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Would there be any way I could ask for the 2nd payment to be refunded?

High Regards,

- Franc
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

own the right side of your page there should be a drop down box it should be there, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

Did you get paid? On my acct. page it says I paid twice. But on my questions page it says that the question timed out? Just wondering. I wanted to make sure that you got your fee?

Sorry for the confusion.

Franc
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes , thank you, Bryan