Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

how to turn on amana refrigirator model number tc522 kw i

how to turn on amana refrigirator model number tc522 kw? i plugged it in and the motor is working but its not getting cold.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the fan in running inside? is this new?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No its pretty old. I tried finding out the year according to the model number but couldn't. Mayne you are able to help with that as well? I believe the fan is running because I hear a sound and the vents are kinda cool to the touch but not cold and doesn't feel like they are blowing out any air. Is there some sort of an additional switch?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
there are only two switches , you need to pull the refrigerator away from the wall and take the bottom cardboard panel off , feel the compressor and see if its vibrating, is it warm (compressor) or cold, is this something you bought or did you have this siting in a basement ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it's moved away from the wall and it has already been on for 3 hours. Which 2 switches are you talking about? I only see 2 dials for temprature adustment. The compressor (if i found the compressor correctly is next to a working fan and it's pretty hot.

We bought this fridge from a couple that moved away from the country so there's no way of getting them to answer these questions.
Thank you for all your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , the switches I was referring to the temperature dials, if the compressor is hot its running, can you take the back panel off in the freezer section? I need you to look at the frost pattern on the coils, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i can't take off the freezer section because it's all one large panel and there's no way for me to remove it.
there's a swtich between the two temprature dials, will that do anything?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
no thats just a moister switch, the reason you need to check the frost pattern is to see if theres a freon problem, I know its a pain to remove the panel but it does come off and there are screws in the freezer on the back panel to get it off, this really needs to be checked, if you cant do it unfortunately you may need to call a tech, thats all we can do without checking that. thanks Bryan