Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Dyson Animal 28 does not sound right and does not pick up

My Dyson Animal 28 does not sound right and does not pick up right. It always sounds like it is on bare floor setting. For about a second it will sound right, then it will switch to what sounds very similar to bare floor setting. How can I fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
its the small filter in the machine thats clogged, I've run into this on mine and had to take mine apart there is a smaller filter in it that gets clogged, also check down toward the bottom to see if the elbow part has a clog, I cant remember exactly where the little filter is but later today I take mine apart and see and let you know,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for replying. I checked the elbow part last weekend -- it's clear plastic and not clogged. I'll be happy to pay you for your help if you can let me know how to locate that small filter. I'm assuming it's not one of the two filters I cleaned as part of the "clean your filters" section of the Dyson instruction manual. Look forward to hearing from you. -- Julie
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you took the yellow filter part out and removed the blue filter and cleaned it correct? after you removed the blue filter did you clean the yellow heppa filter by tapping on a hard surface and then wash that also?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi --

Actually, it's fixed! A woman at work has one, so I went home at lunch and brought mine back for her to look at. Sure enough, she found a way to disconnect one of the hoses I thought was un-disconnectable and it was plugged up. The Dyson directions for checking for clogs are really bad. Didn't even mention this particular small hose underneath the vacuum by the beater bar. So it wasn't a filter issue, just a clog. I want to "accept" your advice anyway, because you were a port in a storm and actually answered which was comforting. However, I can't find the "accept" button on this page. (How lame is that?!) Where is it? Thx -- Julie

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thats great i was going to get into that part with you, well wishes and thanks, Bryan