Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I own a maytag range model #mer5775QAB that was purchased in

I own a maytag range model #mer5775QAB that was purchased in 2003.

The led display panel that was functioning normally (until today) now display "5ab" instead of the time of day, and the display is frozen.

I unplugged the range in an effort to re-set the led panel, but the "5ab" still appears on the display. What should I do next.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately this is not good, this means the clock is bad, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=it will need to be replaced, you can order this @ thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

when you mentioned the clock is bad, I pressed and held the "clock" button on the panel for about three seconds, and the unit re-set itself and appears to be working normally.

Do I owe you this money in good faith?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well thats good news, try it and see if everything works, if it does then don't replace the clock. if it faults again you will need a clock, as far as the money goes if you do accept you can come back if it does fail and i will help you further, thanks and well wishes, Bryan