MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

I got the control unit part and installed it. Same results

I got the control unit part and installed it. Same results: "F3" error code. What should I do now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Did you replace the relay board or the control (has the display in it)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The control panel. Where is the relay board located?

the control is the computer for the unit and the relay board sends power. You can check the wires to the sensor from the relay board. Remove power to the unit and look for the purple wires coming off of the relay board. Unplug them and if the temp in the oven is around 70 deg the sensor should read 1070 to 1100 ohm's. This range from Jennaire has had issues with the two board and the wiring between them. I could not pull up your model and used the next one in line. They should be very close to the same. You should also have a wiring diagram on your unit. Check for an envelope on the back of the kick plate or on the wall or celling in the blower area under the unit. If you wind up needing the display board re-enter your full model # XXXXX the sears link below and if they need a series # XXXXX is the first two numbers of the serial number.

Click here for parts at sears Click here for wiring diagram(may not be exact)

Let me know what you find out...

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
Part diagram The relay boards are under the unit (not 100%) they are #'s 28 and 29 on this look up. I do not know if yours is the "B" series. You should be able to look it up on the sears site or in the service manual. Take your time with the measurements and make sure the power is off when checking...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

From the diagrams that I am looking at and the manual that you sent, it appears that the relay board is in the back of the range unit. That leads to some additional questions: Are there steps that I must take to be able to move the range to get to the back panel? Do I need to disconnect the blower and the gas? What safety precautions are required?

Also, it appears that there are two relay boards, (# XXXXX & #29). How do I know which is the failed board? Should I assume #29 since that is the one you sent the wiring diagram of?

Yes, the diagram is the larger one. One clamp on the blower or the plenum and you may have to disconnect the gas line if it is too short. Be very careful if you have tile on the count as to not pull it off or chip it when you remove the unit. Check in the blower area and see if there is a panel to remove from one of the sides. Some models the board is accessed here. Make sure there is enough room above the blower assembly its self to clear the bottom of the range. If not the blower will have to be removed before removing the unit.