Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am staying in my sons house while they vacation in California.

Customer Question

I am staying in my son's house while they vacation in California. He has a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator model 52602100. The refrigerator controls are set on warmest level (41 deg) and the freezer is set on 5 deg (warmest level). Many things in the refrigerator are frozen. Do you have any suggestions on what to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
most likely the air defuser is stuck open, Part 907713this controls the air flow into the fresh food section, unless you know how to take the controls apart and check this you will need to call a tech in, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am willing to attempt most any repair. Is the air diffuser located at the top of the (it is a side by side model). Does this control air from the freezer side to the refrigerator side? Also, if I bought a book from Sears on refrigerator repair would it have steps for trouble shooting this?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
actually yes you can buy a book on this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this one is one line in case sears doesn't have it, you can order it at this link. and yes its located in the top inside the fresh food section, in fact here are all the diagrams on this, click this link,!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=106.52602100&pathTaken=partSearch hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just to let you know, replacing the diffuser solved the problem. Thanks very much.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your very welcome thanks Bryan