Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I access lower heater element in LG30451SB oven for

How do I access lower heater element in LG30451SB oven for replacement?

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Have you tried shutting off the breaker to the range for a few minutes and pushing all the buttons on the control panel. This will sometimes drain some residual voltage that has confused a logic circuit on the board. The problem that you describe could also involve the control board.

If that is the problem the board may reset and send voltage to the heater element. We would always try this first.

Please let me know how this works.

bernie

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
shut power off already for few minutes but bake heating element still not working. My problem is how to access and replace this heater element assuming it requires replacement. I checked inside, under and behind oven for access to heating element and could not find. Note that the broiler heating element and convection heating are still working.

HiCustomer

This should help. Access to the element seems to be from below after removing the drawer. Test that voltage is going to the element and look at the element for damage before you order one. Replacing an element in a newer range old is a bit unusual (although not totally unheard of).

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=LRE30451SB&productCategoryId=0124111&brandId=3204&br andDescription=LG&modelName=ELECTRIC-RANGE&diagramPageId=00005&componentDescription=CAVITY%20PARTS&documentId=F0903001&blt=06

Please let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

bernie

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I removed the lower drawer and looked under where bake element should be located already. There is sheet metal panel covering heating element without any visible way to remove for access and replacement of heater. The info I need is picture or instructions on how to access the bake heater on the LG LRE30451SB oven. Once I can physically get the the heating element I can check resistance and replace if required.
HiCustomer

Is the panel held loosely in place and moves with some pushing or does it appear fastened directly in place.

bernie
HiCustomer

I reviewed the diagram and because I haven't done this range, I'm going to "opt" out so that someone who has done the range can provide quicker information to you. They should be able to give you a quicker answer.

I'll still watch the question and if no one has the experience with this range, then I can give you some tips on what to look for to access that element.

bernie
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks Bernie - I'll wait to see what other guy comes up with
this element should come right out through the back of the oven, pull the oven out and at the bottom back there will be a cover with screws , the lower panel in this diagram, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK - I'll give it a try tonight
thanks Bryan