Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have a small refrigerator, not cooling, compressor not working.

Have a small refrigerator, not cooling, compressor not working. Read 0 resistance
from start to common and run to common. 1/6 HP compressor?, no external overload
not sure how to check current relay. No capaciator. would appreciate your help.
Compressor is a Matsushita M#S112LKAA
did you check power the relay, ? there should be 120 volts. what is the brand of refrigerator? model #?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Power to relay at c and start, no brand name on refrigerator. small undercounter

refrigerator except it has some electronics on top for sampling at a waste treatment

plant. all this is powered on a separate circuit. R-12 refrigerant , it is an old unit.

ok well the relay is bad, heres a relay assembly that will fit, its a kit and comes with the different relays for most compressors, Compressor start device. - Click Image to Closeyou can order this @ thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan, got your answer, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX in getting back to you, I had to go out, How should the relay be checked for the future and why did I not get any resistance reading

on the compressor windings.

I'm not sure why you dont get readings on the compressor, i cant bring up info on that, if you shake the relay and it rattles its bad.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan, thanks for your help, will keep you on record. the relay does not rattle when we

shake it. It is not the type with an exposed coil. Possibly its electronic, I don't know, but

will order the kit you suggested anyways.

sorry had to go on an emewrgency call, yes it should work, thanks Bryan